A 41-year-old man attends the ENT clinic complaining of having difficulty hearing. Weber’s test lateralises to the left ear. Rinne’s test is positive for both ears (air conduction is greater than bone conduction).
What type of hearing loss would you suspect from these screening test results?
- A) Left-sided sensorineural hearing loss
- B) Right-sided conductive hearing loss
- C) Right-sided sensorineural hearing loss
- D) Not possible to determine with these results alone
- E) Left-sided conductive hearing loss